What's the general consensus re break in hours for the woofer on the GPA 604?
Would this also apply to a 416?
Regards.
Andrew
What's the general consensus re break in hours for the woofer on the GPA 604?
Would this also apply to a 416?
Regards.
Andrew
(W/ORT consensus...);
Play it really loud once.
Yes.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
What, no 100 hour burn in with delicate Eva Cassidy?
If you run them loud enough for long enough they are sure to break in time.![]()
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
I played mine 24/7 for four days, and they still sounded very tight. After about 30-40 hours more of casual listening they started to open up and sound more relaxed. Or my ears did...
when installing a new camshaft in my ol' chevy.. the first thing i do is open it up about 3/4 throttle..give it a little extra to go, but give it hell, it'll either fail or break in just right. the old timer that taught me this explained that a babied camshaft would allways want to perform that way. i say test the spider, give the voice coil some juice, get that baby screamin'..break it in. drive it like ya stole it, even if they did set ya back a couple grand, how else will you ever have confidence in them at higher spl's? im not saying be an idiot about it,, just dont be scared. my 515's are rated at 35 watts all day , every day..and at 20 watts, i have to stand outside, they are loud!
"those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928
Bookmarks